Sunday, November 17, 2024

2024 :: week 46

November 10
Sunday was the Primary Program! I have been part of many programs as a teacher and counselor, but this was my first time as president. The kids did amazing and I felt the spirit so strongly, especially when the kids sang. 

November 11
Monday afternoon we went to OPC to hear Elliott and the 3rd graders sing as part of the Veterans Program. The music teacher--Miss Featherstone--is experimenting with various musical program formats. The previous music teacher--Mr. Klemm--did the same format for the kids K through 4th. The kids always sang about 5 songs and it was always in the evening. 

November 12

The trees in the neighborhood are so pretty right now. It looks and feels like fall! Even though it is fall, the holidays are just around the corner. I drew names for the Crane cousin gift exchange, then updated the spreadsheet.

November 13
Wednesday morning I got lucky! I have knowns for awhile that World Market does promos around Christmas and Easter where store associates hide "elves" or "eggs" around the store each morning with a clue. Each one contains a coupon of some sort. I hadn't been for awhile and decided to go and try my luck. The clue was that the elves would be hidden near something blue. I found this one and it was a coupon for $20 off! I ended up buying a planter for my room.

November 14
I can't get enough of the colors on our street! Townes came over after school to play with Elliott for a bit. That evening was the RS Friendsgiving. We were supposed to bring pie, and I bought one at Hy-Vee. I had plans to make one, but then the day got away from me.

November 15
Friday night we met up with our fall dinner group at Burg & Barrel. We met with Billie P., Amy & Travis C., and John and Mary Ellen N. The food was pretty good. Our kids were busy with friends that evening. Townes came over to play with Elliott, Will went to the Bensons, and Lauren slept over at the Hagmans. As our kids get older and more independent managing their social calendars--and demands--is getting more time consuming.

November 16
Will and Miles walked over to Target Saturday. Miles loves getting to do "big kid" things with his older bro. Tyler came over to play with Elliott for a bit in the afternoon. Everyone but Lauren went to our neighbor Mark's wedding reception for him and his new wife, Amy. They got married a few months ago, but decided to have their reception after they were more settled. Lauren went with Cat, Sally, Brena and Charlotte to see Moana 2.

 





No comments: