Sunday, November 10, 2024

2024 :: week 45

November 3
Sunday after church was our last linger longer of the year--chili themed. That evening Pepaw made a roast. After Miles went to bed we watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because Anthony and Elliott recently finished reading it. I worked on a cross-stitch while we watched.

November 4
Miles was the Star Student for his kindergarten class this week--he has wanted this for weeks and his name was finally chosen on Halloween! Star Student responsibilities include helping the teacher, filling the estimation jar, and bringing snacks for the class for the week. Privileges include bringing a show and tell and being the line leader for the week. Later in the week the class writes the start student a note and tells the star student something they like about them. Miles filled the estimation jar with duplos. He brought the Bobby Bobble Head Anthony gave him and Elliott to share, which unfortunately broke in his backpack. When he filled out his star student "favorites" he listed blue as his favorite color, breakfast casserole as his favorite food, The Book with No Pictures as his favorite book, and "Amazing" by Kanye West as his favorite song.

November 5
Election season seemed especially long and depressing this year. I went and voted after water aerobics. I have said it before and I'll say it again, in the future I am going to vote for whoever sends me the least amount of political mailers. I really dislike how many resources are wasted going towards physical mailers.

November 6
Lauren and Will kept a good volley streak going this evening. The front room continues to be the family sports court.

November 7
I am on the yearbook committee at OPC. Thursday we took the all school photo. I got the assignment to climb up on the roof with the photographer and the walkie-talkie to give directions to make sure the kids line up in the right place. I didn't mind being on top of the school, but climbing down the ladder was a little disconcerting.

November 8
The boys dragged this large branch across the park Friday afternoon. It was fun to see the older and younger boys work together. Friday evening Anthony and I drove to the Plaza Branch of the KC Public Library to go to hear Richard Ostler speak. Richard Ostler is a former YSA bishop who has a podcast, "Listen, Learn & Love." His goal is to create a better Zion, specifically by providing support to LBGTQ+ members of the church and their families.

November 9
Saturday was busy. In the morning I went to the Stake Relief Society conference. It was pretty good, and while there their announced that the Overland Park Ward would be leaving our stake and joining the Overland Park Stake. The Bensons spent the day with Will, eating lunch at CFA and shopping at Academy and Target before playing video games. Joi organized a hay ride as Shawnee Mission Park for a bunch of OPC parents. It was fun to spend time with them outside of school.

No comments: